Most homeowners don’t give much thought to the inner workings of a refrigerator unless it breaks down, or it is time to buy a new model. In order to get the most use possible from this important appliance it can be good to know exactly how a refrigerator keeps food and drinks cool—and Dunn Appliance Repair is here to help.
Continue reading to learn all you will want to understand concerning how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s the right time to call refrigerator repair CITY.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You will not find many houses that do not have a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a must-have household appliance for a lot of years now. A household refrigerator stores food and drinks at the right temperature, to prevent rotting and stop the growth of harmful bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration starts by distributing the warmth from inside of the appliance to the exterior, using principles of condensation and evaporation.
The components of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Dunn Appliance Repair:
A refrigerator compressor is both a motor and pump, and it is need for the circulation of refrigerant dispersed in the cooling system.
The compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. You should hire a professional service if the compressor is broken.
A condenser is found on the back exterior wall of the refrigerator and is there to disperse the warmth collected from inside the refrigerator then out into the air.
A refrigerator evaporator is stored on the interior of a refrigerator where absorbs the warmth trapped inside of it, thereby reducing the temperature inside the unit.
The moment the evaporator is not working, it is time to enlist a professional. Don’t wait until it is too late.
Liquid refrigerant is transferred through a capillary tube that serves as an expansion device to cool the gas inside, transforming it back into a liquid.
The thermostat regulates the current temperature within a refrigerator, starting the cooling cycle as appropriate.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to issues. Troubleshoot and hire a contractor in CITY for repair the moment a problem happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature within the refrigerator rises above the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to begin, and then the next cool down starts. The appliance collects the cool liquified refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses it, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas.
2. The refrigerator compressor pushes the heated gas towards the condenser coils located on the back of the refrigerator, at which point it comes into contact with warmer air temperature in the home and reverts to a liquified form.
3. The cool liquified gas continues its trip towards the refrigerator evaporator component, traveling through the coils on the inside of the appliance and freezer section.
4. The liquid then absorbs the warm air from the interior of the appliance, reducing the temperature until it has reached the desired set point.
5. The liquid will evaporate, and will return back into a gas, and returns to the compressor in order to continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is used in a number of applications and appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and residential freezers. By extracting heat from one location and transferring it to another the continuous cycle of refrigeration contributes in cooling a home, provides a optimal storage space for food that is perishable, and helps with manufacturing and storage of a number of different everyday products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need repair? Time to schedule an appointment with Dunn Appliance Repair.
Dunn Appliance Repair is able to repair almost all popular brands of refrigerators – including commercial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our experienced appliance repairmen in CITY complete training to troubleshoot and repair problems with cooling, ice makers, condensation issues, puddles and leaks, lighting, touch controls, smart functionality and numerous other malfunctions. We know all about refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2023  Dunn Appliance Repair